- Protection for email. Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 scans email traffic for viruses according to
the protocol via which it is sent (POP3, IMAP and NNTP for incoming mail and SMTP for
outgoing mail) on any mail program, while plug-ins and treatment for viruses in Microsoft
Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express mail databases are offered.
- Scanning of Internet traffic. All HTTP Internet traffic is scanned for viruses in real-time,
ensuring that infected objects are not saved to the computer’s hard disk.
- Protection for file systems. Individual files, catalogues and disks can be designated for
antivirus scanning. Users can limit antivirus scanning to critical areas of the operating
system and startup objects to ensure that attention is focused on the most vulnerable areas
of the system.
- Control over changes in the file system. With Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 it is possible to
compile lists of applications, the component structure of which will be controlled, thus
helping to prevent malicious programs from undermining the integrity of the application.
- Monitors processes in the memory. The product monitors the activity of programs and
processes that have been launched in the computer’s memory and, at the same time,
warns users of any dangerous, suspicious or hidden processes (that is, rootkits), and of
unauthorized changes in routine processes.
- Monitors changes in the operating system registry. The application controls the status of
the system registry and notifies users of any suspicious objects or attempts to create
hidden keys in the registry.
- Blocks dangerous macros. Proactive protection affords control over the operation of
macros based on Visual Basic for Applications in Microsoft Offices and blocks
dangerous macro-commands from being executed.
- System restore. The system can be restored after malicious activity. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
6.0 can roll back any changes made to the system by malicious programs.
Fast operating speeds:
- Technology for accelerated antivirus scanning. iSwift and iChecker technology make it
possible to limit scanning to new and modified files, or to limit scanning to potentially
dangerous objects only. Antivirus scanning can be suspended during times of increased
user activity to ensure that your computer’s resources are free for your use.
- Reduced update sizes. The size of updates downloaded to users’ PC has been reduced
almost 10 times (now amounting to several tens of kilobytes) in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0,
making our updates virtually instant